Iowa Conservation Connect is a partnership of conservation agencies that care about protecting and preserving our natural resources in Iowa. The partnership was formed to reach out to absentee and non-operator landowners and connect them with information and financial assistance available to help them maintain and improve the natural resources on their land.
- Read the current newsletter
If you’re a landowner who cares about conserving and protecting your land investment, you’ve come to the right place!
This site is designed for people who own agricultural land in Iowa, but either do not live on or operate that land. Conservation Connect helps connect landowners who do not operate their land with the resources available to them. For more information about the programs offered in your area, contact your local conservation officials.
View/Download Past Landowner Conference Presentations and Houndouts
- Can a lease enhance my land value? Ed Cox, Drake University/Sustainable Farm Lease
- Soil Erosion in Iowa: How much is really happening? Karl Gesch, Iowa State University
- What records should I request from my operator? Chad Hertz, Hertz Farm Management
- Iowa’s Nutrient Strategy: What does it mean for landowners? Matt Lechtenberg, IDALS
- Conservation Choices Clint Miller, Carroll SWCD
- What record should I obtain brochure
- Examples of records to obtain
- Interpreting a soil analysis
Request a list of Certified Conservation Farmers
Twenty-one farmers in Carroll, Sac, Calhoun, and Greene Counties just achieved the title of “Certified Conservation Farmer”. The innovative program sets the farmers apart and recognizes them as top-level conservation producers that have demonstrated they will give the best of care to the land they farm.
Click here to view a contact list of Iowa’s Certified Conservation Farmers.